It's around midnight here as I write this up, but today marks the official release of StarFox 64 3D here in NA and in EU. For those of you with Nintendo 3DS's, go out and get this game! Now. That's an order.
As for the rest of you, keep tuned to the site. As the day goes on I will be constantly updating this post with new finds and detailed explanations of the new features. Also, I will be creating and posting up the StarFox 64 3D game page to the site at long last. If you wish to submit anything to the site concerning the game that you want covered or would like displayed, feel free to e-mail me. This is an exciting day!
- Opening sequence virtually the same as original, minus graphical update. Great Fox seems to have minor design changes.
- Menu screens very different. Training Mode is very similar to the original, appearance differing vastly. Boomer/Ring Tails/Trainer has a voice now.
- Some dialogue has been changed from the original, for the better. Original VA's are back.
- Corneria the same. Slight change in scenery, particularly with Corneria City's building designs.
- Meteo the same, however astounding graphical update.
- Fichina has the same basic layout, however unlike the original, the ground seems to be ocean. Star Wolf look better than ever.
- Solar is the same, but with awesome new lighting and background.
- Macbeth looks very different from the original, however layout is still the same.
- Sector Z is virtually the same as the original, minus graphical updates.
- Area 6 is pretty much the same as the original.
- Venom is the same, minus graphical updates. Looks more venomous and dry however.
- Sector Y is pretty much the same. Re-designs look much nicer.
- Aquas is much lighter in this version than the original, but basically the same.
- Warp Zones 1 & 2 are very trippy. A lot like the original but graphically... bizarre.
- Zoness has added rain, otherwise not much of a difference.
- Katina has the same goal. Area wise, the base actually looks like a thriving base.
- Titania looks the same for the most part. Some enemies look slightly redesigned.
- Bolse is slightly redesigned, otherwise the same.
- Sector X is basically the same, with some minor changes in design of enemies and structures.
- Gyroscopic controls are optional and can be used with circle pad. Don't like motion, play without.
- Multiplayer has been completely revamped. No online, however you can still play with friends and bots. All new levels apart from the original.
- New score mode allows the player to select a level to play at to earn high scores, so no more playing through the entire game to get to a particular area. Medals are back.
- All soundtracks are remixes of the original games soundtracks.
- Every boss and character from the original is present in this game.
- Every scene and camera angle is reminiscent of the original, minus minor dialogue changes at times.
- Sound effects are similar, if not redone versions of the original sounds.
- Normal and hard modes remain.
That's it for updates, our playing through of the game is over. What fun! Starfox 64 3D is a fantastic game equaling, perhaps even surpassing the original. Since the updates are over I shall be working to get the page up for this game.